In this position, you will blend your strong people skills with your strong engineering skills to build world software platforms. This position has the potential to evolve into engineering manager with people management responsibilities.
The successful candidate will…
- Function in part as an team lead, engineer, architect, project manager, and analyst.
- Facilitate collaboration and help break-down barriers to the team’s productivity.
- Be a hands-on leader who is equally comfortable taking on a coding projects and/or describing them for someone else to take on.
- Collaborate and share a vision with other architects, and lead by expounding this vision.
- Become a subject matter expert on our technology and provide advice and leadership based on knowledge and facts.
- Help train new engineers as they join the team.
- Negotiate project requirements with a user-centered design approach that is grounded by technical feasibility.
- Interface and coordinate with teams outside your local circle.
- Be willing to serve “on call” in escalation paths for customer support and operations.
- Provide key input for annual team performance reviews.
- 3+ years software team leadership experience.
- Some experience with talent management, including recruiting, performance evaluations, career growth, and mentoring of staff at all seniority levels.
- Experience and/or training in Agile development methodologies, especially test driven development, code refactoring, and scrum.
- Ability to establish and communicate team processes, both proactively and reactively.
- Talent for facilitating collaboration and running meetings with a well-organized, goal-oriented approach.
- Adept at reviewing and critiquing other people’s code and design, and recommending improvements.
- Intuition for seeking out and knowing the simple, “right” solution.
- Superb oral and written communication skills with a strong appreciation for documentation.
BS and or MS in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years software development experience, primarily with high performance, heavy traffic, and high availability web applications/services.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a creative attitude when tackling sometimes nebulous engineering problems.