** This is a long time contract to hire role, please no H1B candidates this time.
Our client is hiring a Software Engineer in Test in the Dallas, TX area. The ideal candidate is passionate about cutting edge technologies with a proven background in software development, software quality engineering, Agile/Scrum, test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated testing.
Education and Experience:
- Provide Automation solutions for large scale projects from an end to end perspective including front end, middle tier services and back end data providers
- Participate in scrum activities such as; test coverage reviews, story grooming sessions, and sprint planning
- Design structured test cases using system modeling techniques
- Develop and execute automated and manual test scripts
- Perform functional, integration, and system testing
- Document, maintain, and monitor software problems
- Recommend strategies and methods to improve test plans and test process
- Must work well in a team environment and as an individual contributor
- Bachelor’s Degree or applicable work experience plus 5+ years of experience in a QA and/or Developer role
- Solid understanding of Quality Assurance methods and practices
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle
- Strong Object Oriented Programming Skills
- Experience with Java and Java Script
- Experience with Agile testing methodologies including ATDD and TDD
- Service testing experience with Soap UI or SOA test
- Solid analytical skills
- Deep understanding of manual and automated testing concepts
- Our tools include Selenium, SOAtest, JMeter, Rational Team Center, and Rational Quality Manager.