Seeking one or two candidates for unpaid internship in cyber-security analysis at AuditRun LLC, a software-as-a-service technology startup. AuditRun serves risk assessment and security auditing professionals. Internship may extend 2-3 months depending on candidate’s performance. Internship may lead to full-time paid position along AuditRun’s growth path as it enters the market. Candidate may work remotely from home.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analytical: Review and understand standardized security frameworks such as NIST, PCI, HIPAA, ISO and SANS and their related security controls.
- Innovative: Research and create supplemental "effective" questions for each security control (for all listed frameworks)
- Create an appropriate title (composed of a short sentence) for each control listed for the different frameworks.
- Participate in QA and testing of new AuditRun fucntions
Requirements for Intern Position:
- Gain in-depth familiarity with standardized security frameworks
- With a foot-in-the-door, gain the opportunity to network and develop relations with leading risk auditors and security consultants who conduct 3rd-party risk assessments.
- Be a mentee with senior team members and seasoned technology developers at AuditRun.
- Gain exposure to the development of a leading auditing technology platform that will pay off when you enter the job market.
- Sharpen your ability to conduct a security audit using any of the above frameworks under the supervision of a senior Information Security professional.
- No professional experience necessary.
- Candidate should be close to completing a BS degree in the areas of Computer Science, Information Technology, Cyber Security or a related field.
- Excellent writing skills and polished English grammar.
- Strong research, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Resourceful and intuitive with the ability to identify relevant topics for each security framework.
- High positive energy