Our client is looking for an individual contributor to be part of the Information Technology (IT). Role requires experience in managing and maintaining various IT security products both software and appliances, troubleshoot IT security issues and events, and implement, monitor and maintain network and computer security.
- Engineer, implement and monitor IT security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks, and information.
- Administer, troubleshoot, and analyze network security products such as firewalls, IPSs, Network Access Control (NAC), Anti-Virus, Malware Detectors and Internet filters to ensure they provide the highest level of protection.
- Recommend changes to group policy and the Active Directory structure to comply with IT Security best practices and benchmarks.
- Manage the inputs to the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and respond to and analyze alerts and notifications.
- Oversee the vulnerability management program to include vulnerability scanning and remediation.
- Investigate, analyze, contain, and report IT security incidents in accordance with the incident response plan.
- Research and recommend various security architectures and best practices across infrastructure systems such as operating systems, network switches and virtualization infrastructure.
- Research and recommend various IT security technologies to enhance IT security protections.
- Analyze and manage the remediation of penetration test results.
- Manage the inputs to the log management systems and perform searches as needed for analysis and investigations.
- Serve as an IT security consultant to the CISO for policies, standards, risk assessments, and evaluations of new technologies.
- Assist with the responses to various security audits.
- Provide troubleshooting support to resolve IT technology issues.
- Understand IT Security best practices and institute them across the environment.
- Provide configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance support to the network infrastructure including the VOIP system in a secondary/backup role.
- Computer Science related degree (or equivalent experience)
- Prior experience in configuring and managing security devices, such as firewalls and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS); monitoring network traffic; troubleshooting IT security device issues
- Must be familiar with multiple networking protocols and topologies, operating systems, Internet technologies and fluent with IT Security Technologies
- Certifications: CISSP Desirable