The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with experience in developing scalable software platforms. Strong, firsthand technical expertise in back-end technologies. Exposure to micro-services and other service driven architectures will empower you to contribute quickly to design and architecture. Agile experience. You should embody a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development. We’re looking for someone who demonstrates good communication skills, is a great collaborator, handles responsibility and failure well, has strong analytical skills, and enjoys learning.
EDUCATION / SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or the equivalent
- Ability to lead and mentor other software engineers
- At least 5+ years of Software Development experience
- Proven full life-cycle development experience
- Full-stack development experience desired. Individual positions may require more expertise in a particular area.
- Experience turning requirements into software design specifications and architecture
- Experience with micro-services and other service oriented architectures and design methodologies (like BDD/DDD)
- Ability to assume technical lead role and act as Subject Matter Expert on business, technical or discipline topics
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
- Provide input to standards and practices. Provide solid guidance for code reviews
- Clear communications (oral and written) and willing team player
- Proficiency developing and troubleshooting complex software systems that run in mixed-environments
- Experience with Java, XML, XSLT, JMS, JDBC, ORMs, thread-safe programming; web development technologies
- Experience with testing frameworks such as JUnit, Mockito
- Experience working with DevOps and build automation tools like Docker/DockerSwarm, Gradle, Gitlab, Springboot/Spring MVC, Jenkins, Artifactory etc.
- Experience with queue technologies like RabbitMQ
- Experience with databases such as Postgres, Mongo
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST, SOAP