Our client is currently transforming our software development methodology from waterfall to Agile.
This position is, currently, for someone, who is flexible and willing to operate and work in a bimodal environment, Agile and traditional SDLC. Responsibilities include managing and facilitating the planning, design, coding, testing, implementation and on-boarding customers for cross functional/high profile projects/program to support goals and objectives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Education: A Bachelor degree, preferably in information technology-related field
- Experience: 7 - 10 years’ experience in project/program management (successfully managing multiple concurrent projects from inception to production rollout)
- Scrum Master experience in a software development environment
- Highly organized, detail and process-oriented
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to interact with diverse personalities, while being tactful, mature and flexible
- Experience with a software development lifecycle (SDLC) and general software development
- Team builder and experienced facilitator
- Ability to influence others and demonstrated ability to deliver projects on time & to budget.
- Proficient in MS products, including MS Project.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum and Kanban, strongly preferred
- Demonstrate knowledge about Agile techniques like; User stories, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, continuous
- integration, automated testing and facilitating retrospectives.
- Experience with the Atlassian products, such as Jira, Confluence, Tempo and Portfolio/Structure, desired.
- Certifications: PMP (Project Management Professional) and Scrum Master, strongly desired
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Compliant with the company general policies and standards.
- Represent the PMO, be a trusted partner in the organization, lead projects assigned to closure.
- Collaborate with the team, Customers and other key stakeholders
- Basic Project Management: Knowledge of project management principles and the ability to apply the principles, tools and
- techniques to develop/plan, manage or execute projects or work plans to ensure successful completion (e.g., on time, within
- Manage all projects and coach/mentor project teams & project managers in assessing and tracking the RAID Log (Risks, Actions, Issues and Decisions).
- Be a Leader: Deliver results, creating value for company key stakeholders and our customers.
- Ensures compliance of his/her projects to the company policies and procedures and assists the PMO on maintaining the
- policies/procedures for company.
- Accountable for assisting with the continued process improvements of our SDLC processes, procedures and templates for managing projects.
- Manages, coordinates and facilitates project activities and subsequent tools/templates by implementing goals, strategy, scheduling, as well as contingency plans.
- Manages and communicates the progress of the established milestones for all projects assigned.
- Facilitates project status meetings with the project team in order to review progress and close/address issues/risks.
- Provides weekly/monthly status reports to the organization/PMO, showing progress and issues/risks.
- Provide project updates via status reports and represent the project team in designated Town Halls
- Ensures that projects follow the our SDLC (project planning, requirements, design, development, testing, code deployment, and customer on-boarding and project closure) process and that required project artifacts are completed and stored in the designated project workspace (ie. Confluence/SharePoint).
- Scrum master is responsible for monitoring the scrum processes and scrum meetings. He/she increases their team’s efficiency, motivates the team, and works with the team to make the appropriate changes that will ensure quality and timeliness. He/she ensures the observance of the Definition of Done.
- Inspire others to do their best, demonstrate the passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- Develop self and support of others’ development to achieve their full potential.