POSITION SUMMARY: Manage/Administer the Server and Storage Environment including physical and virtual servers, enterprise storage, disaster recovery, server backup and recovery, and security remediation to provide guaranteed availability and performance for all internal users and external member companies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Experience: 10+ years in a similar position
- Advanced expertise with Microsoft Windows server environments including fluency with Windows Server 2016 and 2019
- Advanced expertise with VMWare ESXi virtual server environments
- Experience with installation and configuration of physical servers and replacement of hardware components
- Experience with administration of enterprise storage arrays, NAS, and SAN technologies
- Experience with administration of server backup and recovery solutions including snapshot and replication techniques
- Experience with developing and executing Disaster Recovery procedures
- Experience with Server Patch Management Tools
- Must possess excellent dependability, reliability, and ability to work late and off-shift as needed
- Must possess strong analytical, decision making, problem-solving, organizational, teamwork,
- Must possess excellent communication skills and ability to interact with all levels.
- Strong desire to mentor others and achieve satisfaction in group success.
- Strong desire to continue to learn, leverage new skills and continue to advance technologically
- Fluency with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, Skype, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Hands-on administration experience with:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server Administration
- HCI Platforms
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
- CyberArk and Varonis Security Platforms
- Cisco VOIP phone systems
- Required (at least one): VMWare, MCSA, MCSE
- Desired: AWS, CISCO, ITIL
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the Microsoft Windows Server environment including administration of the Windows Server Operating System, Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP.
- Install, upgrade, and troubleshoot Windows Server applications as needed. Experience with Microsoft Exchange, SQL server, and Skype for Business is desired.
- Manage the VMWare server environment including the install, configuration, and upgrade of ESXi hosts and VM Servers. Monitor computer, memory, storage capacity, HA, DRS, events, and alerts to ensure virtual host and server availability. Regularly upgrade VM Tools and virtual hardware. Manage vCenter Server Appliances, VSphere Hypervisor, and vRealize Suite. NSX and VSAN experience desired.
- Manage the physical server infrastructure including rack mounting servers, installing and replacing hardware components, establishing network connectivity, and performing firmware and software updates as needed. Experience with HPE servers is desired.
- Manage administrator rights for Windows servers and security permissions for CIFS and NFS file shares. Experience with CyberArk and Varonis preferred.
- Perform administration of the Storage Area Network including fiber channel switches, HBAs, and cabling. Perform zoning, firmware and driver updates as needed.
- Manage the enterprise storage infrastructure including the configuration and monitoring of storage pools, volumes, LUNs, snapshots, replication, and encryption. Allocate storage to physical and virtual servers.
- Manage and monitor server backups to ensure completeness, consistent performance, adequate storage capacity, and successful replication to the Disaster Recovery site. Assist users with backup and restore requests for files, databases, and complete servers. CommVault Experience or certification is desired.
- Proactively monitor the health of the server and storage infrastructure including troubleshooting, tuning, monitoring and alerting. Generate and provide reports.
- Design, document, and execute Disaster Recovery procedures. Ensure the backup and recoverability of all servers and data in the event of a Disaster Recovery event or exercise. Create and maintain test plans and recovery run books. Recover core business infrastructure and servers as required.
- Administer and support the Cisco VOIP phone system including Call Manager, Unified Communications Manager, Unity, and Xmedius Fax.
- Consistently maintain server and storage security in accordance with current NIST standards and Security Requirements. Remediate operating system and software vulnerabilities, deploy monthly patches, and install firmware updates. Ensure that FIPS 140-2 certified encryption is in place for all data at rest.
- Provide Tier III support for all server and storage reported problems. Take ownership of problem ticket, interview users for details, perform data gathering, and works with users, IT groups, and vendors as needed to resolve problems.
- Create and regularly update documentation for server and storage technologies
- Define and lead large complex projects. Provide project planning, project reporting, task monitoring, and resource coordination. Participate in other projects as required.
- Research, analyze, and report industry trends including new technologies, hardware and software products. Maintain technical expertise by reading technical manuals, attending conferences, and completing training and certifications.
- Perform analysis of the server and storage infrastructure hardware and software requirements and capabilities and make recommendations for improvements. Review and evaluate new hardware and software.
- Assist team members with Red Hat Enterprise Linux server administration including monthly server patching
- Adhere to company configuration management and change control procedures for servers.
- Must be available for 7x24 support in the event of scheduled and unscheduled downtime.
- Perform other duties as assigned.