Boston or Remote, MA
Seeking one or two candidates for unpaid internship in cyber-security Data Analytics interns at Ovation Security LLC a full service cybersecurity firm. Internship may extend 2-3 months depending on candidate’s performance. Internship may lead to full-time paid position. Candidate may work remotely from home
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Development: Work with large dataset using AWS Athena, Java or Python
- Database: Leverage Azure Cosmos or other db and build out database
- NLP: parse data using NLP tools (Spacy, other)
- Crawler/Screen scrape: develop/refine crawler to keep database up to date
- Machine Learning: develop ML predictive model using tool(s) tbd
- App Dev: Develop Simple Java MVC or Javscript/React app
- BI/Data Analytics: work with platforms potentially including YellowFin, Microsoft BI, others
Requirements for Intern Position:
- Gain in-depth familiarity with cybersecurity and infrastructure as code frameworks
- With a foot-in-the-door, gain the opportunity to network and develop relations with security and IT professional
- Be a mentee with senior team members and seasoned technology developers at Ovation Security
- Develop/refine competencies in aforementioned responsibilities.
- Sharpen your coding, infrastructure, and cybersecurity skills
- No professional experience necessary.
- Candidate should be close to completing a BS degree in the areas of Computer Science, Information Technology, Cyber Security or a related field.
- Excellent writing skills and polished English grammar.
- Strong research, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Resourceful and intuitive with the ability to identify relevant topics for technology platforms
- High positive energy