The Desktop Support Specialist delivers direct, end-to-end technology support to employees while providing excellent levels of service and support to the company community. This position acts as the first-line technical support contact for the Boston HQ.
Support & Customer Service
- Maintain and develop strong technical expertise in key technologies in use within the company, which includes areas such as operating systems, browsers, data networking, Zoom conferencing, Outlook email client, Office 365, and the like
- Troubleshoot and resolve IT issues via phone, Web, and in-person channels
- Contribute to Help Desk process documentation
- Maintain familiarity with current and upcoming technology trends in mobile, desktop OS, etc.
- Demonstrate initiative in recommending enhancements and improvements to the IT infrastructure
- Help maintain a current inventory/asset system of all computer hardware and software
- Actively monitor on-boarding pipeline and ticket queues, and ensure that all requests are handled in accordance with company service delivery standards
- Escalate tickets proactively to responsible senior team members or specialists
- Demonstrate high degrees of skill and tact in the areas of teamwork and interpersonal relationships, including highly effective oral, written, and listening communication skills
- Assume other duties as required
- 3–7 years of experience in IT or a related field, with a strong background in operating systems, desktop support, security, networking, system administration, programming and scripting, and other IT technology areas
- Familiarity with Windows 10 and Mac OSX operating systems as well as a broad suite of cloud-based and SAAS applications in a business environment