The Microstrategy Administrator is a member of the IT Infrastructure team. In this role, you will administer, support, and monitor the Microstrategy infrastructure, including, configuration, administration, security, monitoring, and upgrade.
- Administer, support, maintain, and enhance MicroStrategy environments.
- Daily support of production, development, maintenance environments.
- User administration and security administration. Maintain, update, create BI technical standards, specifications, documents, etc.
- Maintain MicroStrategy tool Suite - MicroStrategy 9.x, 10.x, MicroStrategy Narrowcast Server, MicroStrategy Desktop, Object Manager, Command Manager, System Manager, Enterprise Manager, MicroStrategy Mobile, and Visual Insights.
- Handle all aspects of user security, including the creation of new profiles, user change management, security roles, and user group management
- Administer the object change management process: Object migration across the various environments using Object Manager or Project Merge.
- Work with developers to ensure that development standards are adhered to, and enforce these standards during migrations.
- Install, configure, deploy, and maintain all MicroStrategy software releases appropriate for the environment.
- Conduct research and analysis for all new releases and upgrades, making recommendations as appropriate.
- Provide day to day support for the servers and all supported application components, acting as the primary go-between for all internal and external application and infrastructure support partners for resolution of MicroStrategy related issues.
- Work with network/system monitoring teams to ensure that adequate environment health checks are implemented to identify possible issues before they impact users.
- Monitor server and report performance
- Develop a capacity planning model for the MicroStrategy environment.
- Measure the utilization and provide reports monthly showing user usage and system utilization vs. capacity.
- Plan and execute patches, minor and major release upgrades for all MicroStrategy products (IS, Narrowcast, Web Server, Mobile Server).
- Support the rollout of the upgrade through the development, testing, and production environments