The Sr. Desktop Engineer is responsible for requirements gathering, researching and recommending end-user technology platforms to meet end user needs. This position is hands on as well direction setting in the planning, configuration, maintenance, implementation and adoption of End-User Services solutions. The Sr. Desktop Engineer delegates and offers supervisory direction to the end user support team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 7+ years technology support management experience (desktops, servers, printers, local area networks, telephony)
Minimum Qualifications - Technical:
- Assume a lead role in the planning and engineering all desktop and end-user mobility solutions
- Mentor other team members as well as be a trusted advisor to the Director of Operations for all things desktop
- Coordinate with other IT and Corporate Teams as well as providers to plan the support and maintenance/upgrades of the End-User Services. This includes evaluating and making recommendations on proposed and enhancements to the existing services and hardware.
- Work collaboratively with operations teams/service providers to design the approaches to be used to measure performance, utilization and capacity End-User Services and hardware.
- Controls and monitors patching, service updates ensuring all end user technology is current with best practices to protect company.
- Collaborates with IT leaders and Project Management Office to ensure understanding of business cases and to ensure that the End-User Services and Hardware will meet the business need. This role also supports the development and execution of a benefits realization plan for End-User Services projects. The role is accountable for End-User Services & hardware Roadmaps and Technology Standards.
- Recommend and oversee approved projects that expand, change, or improve End-User Services. They will ensure their organization maintains an understanding of the IT & Security Polices, Procedure that pertains to End-User Services.
- Support cross-departmental collaboration and internal communications with staff throughout the IT and Global IT organization, as well as promoting a positive work environment that supports consistency and drives efficiency throughout the organization.
- Proactively identifies mediums for ensuring that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports, and other reporting requests are maintained and available as requested. Identifies trends from reporting to determine solutions to trends or problem areas that may need to be addressed.
Minimum Qualifications - Organizational:
- 5+ years in IT Enterprise End-User Computing architecture/engineering, implementing/ managing complex End-User solutions. Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and related services, automated desktop and mobile application deployment methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge of core Enterprise End-User System technologies including: Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office, VPN and web-proxy services, RSA, Work Space One and collaboration tools such as Skype, Go2Meeting, Citrix etc..
- Extensive knowledge of Mobile Device Management products and strategies, unified communication including instant messaging & video conferencing technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of client management technologies as well as of processes used to upgrade
- Strong hands-on security knowledge as applicable to desktop and mobility
- Strong hands-on knowledge of asset tracking methodologies and tools
- Strong hands-on knowledge of PC diagnostic utilities
- Strong hands-on knowledge of Mac OS is a strong plus (not required)
- Ability to work in a manner that supports the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong customer-service orientation, organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in multi-tasking; Able to prioritize and execute tasks.
- Recommend technical strategies and solutions to IT Managed Services group to maintain and/or expand service levels.
- Help lead the team’s effort to implement pilots, test plans to test new hardware and/or functionality. Using information gathered from the exercise, plan and manage strategies for successful deployment and adoption.
- Help ensure that all implementation and customization of supported desktop operating systems and utilities are well documented for implementation and support.
- Help ensure that the Disaster Recovery mechanisms and documentation are in place post implementation.
- Develop and execute on End-User strategies that improve and enhance end-users productivity and methods for collaboration.
- Assists in department budget preparation.
- Coach and develop team members to excel and grow.
- Works with Security to define desktop security and business continuity planning for critical systems.
- Manages and implements the fulfillment of technology hardware and software procurement requirements for the organization. Manages purchasing, ordering, maintenance, and inventory of all technology within the organization. Analyzes business needs, new technology, and makes recommendations to offer the best solution