This position is responsible for the design, configuration, support, and documentation of all aspects of the network including on-premise and cloud-based infrastructures. The Senior Network Security Engineer will provide on-going network and security hardware/software maintenance, analyze and troubleshoot LAN/WAN network infrastructure including network security and application components. A Senior Network Security Engineer performs network and security product evaluation and makes recommendations to ensure optimal network performance and resiliency, ensures the network security infrastructure is standardized and compliant to industries’ security standards in order to meet company and user satisfaction.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- A four years Computer Science related degree (or equivalent experience)
- Experience: 6+ years of experience working in a small-medium corporate networking environment including Voice over IP (VOIP).
Skills: Must be familiar with multiple networking protocols and topologies, operating systems, and Internet technologies.
- Experience with cloud networking technologies (AWS, Azure, etc) preferred.
- Expert level experience with Cisco technologies including campus/datacenter/WAN technologies (IOS, NX-OS, vPC, BGP, OSPF)
- Proficient in the management of next-gen firewall platform i.e. Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Cisco
- A passion to learn new technologies and developing knowledge and skills in networking and security infrastructures
- Experience with network configuration management and automation with scripting in Python/Powershell/Ansible highly desired
Additional Desired: CCDP, CCNP, AWS Network Specialist, CISSP
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains a thorough understanding of networking and Internet technologies to include switching, routing, Domain Name Service (DNS), Ethernet, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), circuits and wireless (including Meraki systems).
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of VOIP technologies to include provider interfaces.
- Designs, installs, configures, documents, and maintains complex switching and routing environments.
- Designs, installs, configures, documents, and maintains the VOIP environment.
- Designs, implements, and documents a network topology to meet business requirements.
- Assists with the design of the network security topology to meet Defense in Depth principles.
- Experience and understanding with applying security principals and safeguards to network environments
- Installs, configures, and maintains perimeter network equipment to include load balancers, ISP interfaces, and Virtual Private Network (VPN) appliances. Experience with F5 and Radware preferable.
- Maintains the public DNS advertisements and interacts with the DNS provider.
- Analyzes performance indicators such as response time, network availability, and overall utilization, to ensure that the systems are operating efficiently using system monitors including SolarWinds and Extrahop, service aids or other utilities
- Deep knowledge of systems and network logging, monitoring and alerting, and log parsing for in-depth diagnostic and troubleshooting
- Evaluates network system performance and recommends hardware, software, and management system upgrades.
- Administers a multiple network environment to include Internet Protocol (IP) address management.
- Manages assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Responds to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and vendors to provide technical assistance and support.
- Troubleshoots problems with network hardware and software, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Assists security analysts in accordance with the Incident Response Plan.
- Works as necessary with all other departments in the coordination of equipment installation, trouble tickets, vendor relations, and as an alternate point of contact.
- Demonstrates a continuous effort to keep abreast of the Information Technology (IT) industry by attending seminars, conventions, and demonstrations and by reading appropriate technical manuals and industry publications.
- Maintains/renews appropriate professional certifications.
- Be willing to do limited travel to remote office locations and disaster recovery centers.
- Provides technical expertise and assistance in the evaluation, configuration, and maintenance of network security devices.
- Be willing to be on-call and be reliable during off-hours for technical issues.
- Physical Data Center best practice experience and familiarity with cable management techniques. Detail-oriented and meticulous approach to keeping DC neat and problem-free.