Become an integral part of a small development team and participate in all phases of software development process. Contribute to company security orchestration platform and help grow the ecosystem of integrations with market-leading security tools.
We are seeking an application security architect / Engineer who is a self-starter, ambitious, team player who will work in our cross functional team, adopting software industry best practice, quality assurance, and overall development of our security platform. The candidate should have experience with application security, secure coding, microservice architectures and cloud-native design.
- Identify risks and areas of exposure in applications, our development process and architecture.
- Perform security reviews of source code, stored procedures, datastores, and server/service configurations.
- Define and document application security requirements.
- Oversee development of security components throughout all stages of the SDLC.
- Perform manual and automated security testing.
- Monitor industry trends and threat landscape and recommend necessary controls or countermeasures.
- Educate developers on secure coding techniques and security best practices.
- Participate in development of security policies, standards, and processes.
- Participate in incident handling and perform application-related forensics activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs and microservices
- Knowledge of JIRA
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Experience with Python, Go, Node.js, Angular.js or Vue.js
- Experience working with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, or similar)
- Working knowledge of application containers frameworks and technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift, Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
- Ability to identify security vulnerabilities from source code reviews and testing.
- Knowledge of encryption technologies, secure communications, and secure credentials management.
- Advanced knowledge of common application vulnerabilities, (e.g.: XSS, CSRF, SQL injection, cookie/header/encoding manipulation, input/output validation, session replay).
- Intimate familiarity with web application testing tools (eg: Burp, Parox, Fiddler, Havij, netcat). Ability to write proof-of-concept exploits is a big plus.
- Ability to define application security requirements and build secure web application solutions.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills including ability to present technical subjects to non-technical audiences.
- Self-directed and capable of working in a dynamic and startup environment.
- AWS Security certified
- SO27001, SOC2 certification experience