Our client is seeking an application security engineer to join a cross functional team, adopting software industry best practice, quality assurance, and overall development of their SaaS Security platform. The candidate should have experience with application security, secure coding, microservices architectures and cloud-native design.
• Identify risks and areas of exposure in applications, development process and architecture.
• Perform security reviews of source code, stored procedures, datastores, and server/service configurations.
• Define and document application security requirements.
• Oversee development of security components throughout all stages of the SDLC.
• Perform manual and automated security testing.
• Monitor industry trends and threat landscape and recommend necessary controls or countermeasures.
• Educate developers on secure coding techniques and security best practices.
• Participate in development of security policies, standards, and processes.
• Participate in incident handling and perform application-related forensics activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Good understanding of RESTful APIs and microservices
• Understanding of Agile development methodologies
• Experience with Python, Go, Node.js, Angular.js or Vue.js
• Experience working with one of the cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, or similar)
• Working knowledge of application containers frameworks and technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift, Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
• Ability to identify security vulnerabilities from source code reviews and testing.
• Knowledge of encryption technologies, secure communications, and secure credentials management.
• Advanced knowledge of common application vulnerabilities, (e.g.: XSS, CSRF, SQL injection, cookie/header/encoding manipulation, input/output validation, session replay).
• Experience with web application testing tools (eg: Burp, Parox, Fiddler, Havij, netcat). Ability to write proof-of-concept exploits is a big plus.
• Ability to define application security requirements and build secure web application solutions.