Our client, a very exciting software infrastructure start-up with already a $1B+ valuation is looking for skilled Principle Solution Engineer to join their team of systems experts.
As a principal solutions engineer, the successful candidate will be responsible for tuning and optimizing our products for high availability, fault tolerance, resiliency, interoperability and best performance with common business applications.
This team member will collaborate with other teams to develop solutions best practices, drive resolution of issues to closure, and to advocate system and application interoperability, resiliency and performance awareness in early stages of development.
This team member should have prior experience creating successful virtual solutions, experience with commonly used hypervisors, operating systems and business applications.
Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Analyze performance and interoperability of Software products with common business applications and cloud infrastructures.
- Develop best practices, white papers and training for sustaining engineering, customer support, solutions architects and end customers.
- Be an advocate for application awareness and interoperability within the development community.
- Collaborate with developers, support staff and other systems and performance team members to resolve interoperability, availability and application performance problems.
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of the product architecture and develop methodologies to tune products for application interoperability, availability and performance.
- BSCS/MSCS (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of networked storage solutions engineering, application integration, performance tuning and writing solutions best practices and white papers
- Strong background in storage and networking systems
- Expertise in performance tuning, high availability validation, solutions best practices and white paper development.
- Experience with two or more hypervisors such as VMware, Hyper-V and KVM.
- Experience with Linux and Windows in virtual environments
- Experience developing solutions with one or more business applications and platforms including VDI, Exchange, SQL Server, SharePoint, Oracle and SAP in a virtual environment.
- Experience with common solution components including directory services, networking gear and networking, operating system and application performance analysis tools.
- Experience scripting in Perl or other scripting language
- Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with industry standard benchmarks
- C/C++ and object-orientated development and debug skills
- Experience with public cloud products like Amazon AWS.