** We are NOT accepting H1B visa transfer candidates or C2C contractors at this time. This is strictly a full time permanent role
Our client is looking for a Lead Software Developer who will be responsible for application development and support of high-quality, electronic products. The Lead Developer will work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional and Agile team and may take a lead role on various software components. The Developer will also be responsible for developing unit testing and overall integration tests for the project team.
Required Experience and Skills
- Test-drives clean, quality code, working closely with other Agile team members.
- Takes ownership of tasks when others do not. Helps drive the completion of all kinds of work tasks.
- Helps break down, estimate, and provide just-in-time design for small increments of work.
- Builds a strong team using their collaboration skills.
- Promotes improvements in version control, continuous integration, project build, and project automation.
- Collaborates with different people in many situations.
- Performs root cause analysis, technology evaluation, and design spikes.
- Continuously learns, and is unafraid to learn new practices, processes, technologies, and languages.
- Models courageous, continuous learning to the team. Actively helps team members continuously learn.
- Stays abreast of industry trends, technology trends, language trends, process trends.
- Brings new ideas to the team.
- Provides leadership and assistance among and across teams.
- Commits to completing well-defined work, and delivers on those commitments.
- Participates in and may lead weekly demonstrations of recently completed work.
- Reports status of assigned software development and/or maintenance tasks
- Consistently follows software development methodology
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience.
- Experience with NodeJS and Angular.
- Knowledge of and desire to work in an Agile development environment.
- Experience in mobile web development and responsive design.
- Strong familiarity with object-oriented systems and enterprise design patterns.
- Experience with development of service oriented applications.
- Familiarity with wide portfolio of software development applications, environments and languages.
- Strong understanding of HTTP/REST/API architecture.
- Experience using source code control systems, such as Git or Stash.
- Knowledge of XML parsing, and/or DOM traversal.
- Knowledge of JSON parsing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Creative problem solving skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions.
- Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams.
- Needs good work ethic and strong sense of ownership of end result.
- Must be comfortable working in an open, highly collaborative team environment.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies, including XP methods such as Test Driven Development and pair programming.
- Experience with Cassandra preferred.
- Leadership skills and experience managing the work of development staff.