The company is an exciting $1B+ successful start-up that is growing and is already in post revenue stage.
In this role the Release Engineer will support Continuous Integration build environment and his/her primary responsibility and focus is to provide operational support to build and maintain release of the product, including providing build services to developers and support build and release engineering activities for all Engineers
The candidate will participate in designing / selecting, implementing and developing development and build tools, processes and methodology.
- Participate in architecture, design, and implementation of build and development infrastructure and methodologies.
- Assist in management of the build and release process including packaging build artifacts and collateral.
- Maintain and extend the Production Build environment and framework and integrate with SCM, Defect tracking and Continuous Integration.
- Contribute to maintaining aspects of the IT environment and interfacing with the IT organization to organize tasks and priorities.
- Participate in the set-up and maintenance of the development and test environment including lab systems, network, and test instruments.
- Develop and deliver training for engineering teams for build methodologies and tools.
- BS + 5 years’ experience, MS + 3 years’ experience. The candidate should have a degree in Computer Science or an equivalent engineering discipline.
- Experience developing, developing tools for, or implementing development tools for mission critical IT infrastructure products.
- Experience implementing and / or deploying one or more of source code control, profiling, continuous integration, test coverage analysis and defect tracking tools.
- Experience as an integral member of an engineering team that developed IT infrastructure and storage products.
- Object oriented programming skills in Perl or Java.
- Coding skills in SOAP, Python, or RESTful APIs.
- Experience integrating development tools (source control, defect tracking, test case management).
- Experience with database configuration/administration (MySQL).
- Strong knowledge of Hudson or Jenkins, Bullseye and Coverity.
- Experience in Agile methodology, Scrum or Kanban.
- Experienced user of one or more source management tools, preferably Git.
- Knowledge of Linux administration with specific knowledge of Linux build and packaging concepts.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and Windows build environments.
- Experience integrating Open Source tools and software.
- Experience with TCP/IP, DNS, Routing, VLANS, layer 2 and layer 3 networking, AWS, VPN and other networking concepts.