Our client is a highly successful, post revenue software start-up in green energy is looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer. The candidate will join a growing team of of experienced Ruby on Rails Software Engineers to build and maintain the Product UI.
Skills & Qualification
- Develop engaging ROR applications utilizing interactive presentation of complex energy data and patterns.
- Work closely with the user experience designers and product managers to create full-stack implementations of new concepts, ideas.
- Work with on cross-functional teams and collaborate with product management and software engineering teams to convert prototypes into enterprise grade applications.
- Write clean, maintainable and efficient code.
- Design robust, scalable and secure features.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring, code standards).
- Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into design.
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience developing production quality commercial applications.
- Expert knowledge of Ruby, Rails, Rspec, ActiveRecord and associated technologies.
- Knowledge of Java is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with full lifecycle of product development, validation and deployment.
- Experience with Web Development technologies – REST, Web Services, XML, HTTP.
- Knowledge of AWS deployment is a plus, but not required.
- Exposure to large scale systems development, especially enterprise distributed systems.
- Able to think creatively to help deploy the next generation SaaS applications.
- BS/MS in Computer Science