Our client is aggressively developing and extending a technology after being proven by MIT’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab. As they build their commercial footprint through 2016 and beyond and as part of their growth, they are seeking an outstanding Java developer to join their platform software team as a technical leader. This is an opportunity to build an enterprise software that solves the most time-consuming, manually intensive problem in data science: enriching, curating, and preparing data.
Working with very strong colleagues, you will design and implement creative solutions to problems in distributed computing, large-scale data, interactive-response-time processing, and system architecture.
- Advanced experience in Core Java.
- Experience in building or working closely with data processing software such as database systems, NoSQL software, map-reduce infrastructure, search engines, and other Big Data technology.
- Deep background in building, maintaining, and shipping sophisticated enterprise software systems through multiple release cycles, especially through upgrades and changes to APIs and data formats. Experience shipping SaaS products is a plus.
- Experience in achieving a cohesive system design in an agile environment and rapidly expanding product market.
- An approach to software engineering that values design work and review before coding, along with careful testing.
- The ability to guide a team with hard-won wisdom in architecture, coding, and software engineering practices.