NO CORP TO CORP OR H1B SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME!
We are looking for a Data Engineer to help the firm dive deep into the large amount of both structured time series data as well as unstructured meta-data culled from various streams and make sense of it all. S/he will have a strong “feel” for data, and develop progressively more automated ways to cleanse, check and get data “model ready”. The firm is expanding its reach globally with a combination of new products and big-name revenue producing and consumer based clients.
Because Data and Analytics are part of the core DNA of the company, the Data Engineer will be exposed to the entire breadth and depth of the company, from Marketing and Sales through Software Engineering and Modeling, This position thus offers a unique and compelling career growth experience for the right person who thrives in this creative, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Monitor data pipeline processes and investigate data discrepancy and investigate errors Data Management and determining customer specific data mapping to tables
- Validate extracted data and making sure it is consistent with product, and security requirements
- Working with customer engagement team to understand new data patterns and communicate them effectively to engagement and engineering teams
- Understand data mapping logic and business logic to effectively process data
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or other quantitative field.
- Database extraction: Use based experience in SQL
- File processing: Use based experience in advanced Unix scripting
- Scripting: Use based experience in any of the following languages – Python, Ruby, Perl, Java
- Experience with design, implementation, monitoring and troubleshooting data acquisition and integration efforts.
- Strong oral communications and interpersonal skills; able to work well with coworkers and clients