Full Time/Perm or Contract to Perm
Our client is an established global technology company in Boston, is looking for a talented and innovative Solution Architect who will join a highly talented cross functional agile team. This team derives creative solutions for the company key products. The role is responsible for architecture reviews to ensure software quality and scalability. The candidate must have considerable experience rolling out commercial software products and the ability to communicate well across multiple levels.
The Solution Architect will be responsible for providing leadership and guidance on several projects. The candidate must have good experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and able to lead and work with multiple development team members from Architectural level down to solving complex coding issues. The candidate will also contribute to product quality, operations, and support.
- Create software architectures taking into consideration current and target and plan an effective non- disruptive transition
- Understand current products and solutions and work with product management to map them to current market and business needs
- Work and plan future architectures as they relate to company technology plans
- Ability to lead and influence people across the company
- Present architecture and concepts and translate them into workable and scalable products
- Ability to explain solutions into business terms to management
- Collaborate with other Senior Architect and Technical Leaders
- Own and drive Architecture from concept to full blown implementation and be part/lead every phase.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- Ten years of experience in information technology
- Minimum of 6-7 years of hands-on software development
- Minimum of 10 years developing in OO language like Java or C#
- Minimum of 6-7 years designing, developing and implementing large scale web applications
- Excellent experience with frameworks like TOGAF or Zachman
- Excellent experience with REST and SOAP & WSDL
- Minimum of 3+ Years of experience as a Software Architect with good proven leadership skill
- Experience in Agile principles