Full Time Perm or Contract to Perm
Our client is looking for software engineers of varying experience levels who are passionate about their craft and energized to contribute and grow professionally.
- Work as a software engineer in a collaborative environment with passion and commitment.
- Gets things done. Takes ownership of tasks when others do not. Helps drive the completion of all kinds of work tasks.
- Continuously learn and grow with industry-leading practices, processes, and technologies while mentoring others.
- Continuously act to enhance knowledge of new technologies, business processes, and project management skills, staying abreast of trends, latest industry developments and knowledge sharing among colleagues
- Continuously learns, and is unafraid to learn new practices, processes, technologies, and languages. Ideally also participates in open source projects, and/or blogs about technology concerns.
Good to have:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
- 3+ years of direct working experience delivering product in a software development environment
- Strong understanding of HTTP/REST/API architecture
- Experience using source code control systems, such as Git, Stash, Subversion, or CVS
- Comfortable with complex algorithms, object-oriented programming, enterprise design patterns, and web application performance and scalability
- Experience with one or more database systems, such as MySql, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4j
- Experience in an Agile software development environment
- Understanding of Web Standards & Accessibility
- Good work ethic and strong sense of ownership of results
- Creative problem solving skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
- Experience with AWS and cloud-hosted applications
- Experience developing natively for mobile devices