** LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY AS INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ONSITE**
Our client is an established global technology company in Boston, is looking for a talented and innovative Software Architect who will join a highly talented cross functional agile team. This team derives creative solutions for the company key products. The role is responsible for architecture reviews to ensure software quality and scalability. The candidate must have considerable experience rolling out commercial software products and the ability to communicate well across multiple levels.
The Software Architect will be responsible for providing leadership and guidance on several projects. The candidate must have good experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and able to lead and work with multiple development team members from Architectural level down to solving complex coding issues. The candidate will also contribute to product quality, operations, and support.
Required Skills and Experience
Nice to Have
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in software development and at least 1 year as a tech lead of architect
- Experience in a tech lead or architect role managing the work of development staff.
- Knowledge of and desire to work in an Agile development environment.
- Strong familiarity with object-oriented systems and enterprise design patterns
- Experience with development of service oriented applications (SOA)
- Experience with reflection, inversion of control and dependency injection frameworks.
- Knowledge of web components.
- Strong understanding of HTTP/REST/API architecture
- Experience using source code control systems, such as Git or Stash
- Knowledge of XML parsing, JSON parsing and/or DOM traversal.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Experience building Java applications with the Spring framework.
- Experience building Java bundles that conform to the OSGi specification.
- Experience creating smart web components with React and Redux.
- Knowledge of search engine development, particularly with Lucene as a component
- Experience with static code analyisis tools (PMD, FindBugs,Checkstyle, etc)