Our client seeks a hands-on, analytical data architect with recent experience in Informatica 9.6 and up, including the use of Web Services Hub,
to join the Enterprise Application Architecture team. The person in this role will serve as the primary data architect for data integration and application development projects and will perform detailed analysis of corporate data requirements with respect to security, data quality, data retention, capacity planning and technical assessments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
For assigned application development projects, the data architect will meet with business analysts, business sponsors and other technical team members to analyze the application’s data requirements and to design and document solutions that fulfill them. The architect is responsible for the following documentation:
- Entity definition and design of supporting tables
- Data integration/mapping requirements
- Data quality standards, including validation constraints
- Data retention policies
- Data sensitivity classification
- Database infrastructure requirements
- Deployment architectures
The data architect will play a leading role in data integration projects. The architect will facilitate meetings with stakeholders to insure data requirements are understood and documented, and that the data is mapped and loaded accurately.
Analytical functions include the following activities:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Maintain a data dictionary repository that documents primary business entities, their associated systems of record and classifies the sensitivity of the data.
- Design and develop architectures for ETL processes
- Document data retention policies and insure their adherence
- Facilitate the creation and documentation of database development and deployment standards.
- Analyze current data data requirements and make projections of future growth to be used in capacity planning.
- Perform technology evaluation and assessment
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience, with 5+ years of directly relevant experience required.
- Ability to facilitate meetings, gain consensus and achieve buy-in for architectural standards and design specifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create diagrams and visual models that communicate information clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Recent experience in Informatica 9.6 and up, including the use of Web Services Hub
- Direct, hands-on experience working with Oracle databases and PL/SQL.
- Experience with NoSQL and columnar databases preferred.
- Understanding of modern application architectures.