As a Platform Architect you will be responsible for leading the technical strategy and vision platform, closely working with other technologists to produce key architectural capabilities, and ensure the stability, security and scalability of our systems. The role requires you to have a deep understanding of a variety of technology stacks, components, and languages
Experience, & Skills Required:
- Drive the strategic vision of the technology within the platform, aligning the technological and architectural visions to ensure current and future stability and scalability
- Lead and advise one of more scrum teams, providing mentorship and guidance on technical decisions, and ensuring alignment of teams to strategic goals.
- Identify and evaluate open source, commercial, and “Platform as a Service” solutions to determine where and how to leverage them, or when it’s more appropriate to build from scratch.
- Lead by example with hands-on development of high quality, production code that powers critical pieces of the product.
- Perform design and code reviews to ensure code quality throughout the platform.
- Lead discussions and make specific recommendations for platform improvements from a technical perspective.
- Primary source of communication on current state of the platform’s technology stack.
- Work with application team stakeholders to ensure the platform is delivering value to our products as anticipated.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- 10-12 years of professional experience
- Expert software engineering skills and deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals
- Excellent understanding of scalable, cloud architectures and experience in applying them to real world problems
- Substantial expertise in one or more modern programming languages; Java and/or Node.js preferred
- Experience working in large scale, agile environments
- Extensive, hands-on experience with one or more of modern web application stacks such as LAMP, MEAN, Dropwizard or Spring Boot
- Solid understanding of RESTFUL API design and Microservice