Our client a machine language and security software start-up is seeking an experienced and self-motivated QA automation engineer to be a part of their growing engineering team developing a new cloud based cyber security solution.
The solution will ingest and analyze millions of events per second and uses many emerging technologies, including NoSQL, Kafka Streams, Elasticsearch, Docker container services, and more. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in AWS infrastructure, automated test frameworks, and strong coding experience with Python. Company operates within a challenging, modern, and fun work setting, with a good work-life balance.
- Convert technical and product requirements into use cases and test cases
- Develop and implement test tools and test suites to enable us to build and qualify our solutions in a continuous integration and testing environment
- Design, develop, and execute acceptance, performance, and regression test automation
- Participate in release planning, sprint planning, and technical design reviews
- Conduct troubleshooting, triage, and root cause analysis to find and document defects, and validate fixes
- Work closely with the developers to instrument the system for performance and scalability analysis
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of products
- 3+ years experience in quality assurance and automation
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Expertise in writing automated tests using Python, Golang, Bash, and/or Java
- Experience with a cloud computing environment like Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Must have experience testing web services using RESTful APIs
- Must have experience with or be comfortable quickly becoming familiar with our technology stack which includes Docker, Mesosphere, Java Spring framework, PostgreSQL, and NoSQL
- Should have experience with implementing or developing load and performance test tools
- Experience with network security technologies is a plus
- Experience with automation frameworks like Protractor is a plus
- Ability to understand, write, and executre compelx SQL and NoSQL queries is a plus
- Proficiency with tools like Ansible, Terraform, and Jenkins is a plus
Must have at least SOME AWS/Cloud, be able to code, be able to lead.