NOTE: THIS IS A FULL TIME PERMANENT ROLE AND WE ARE NOT CONSIDERING H1B VISA TRANSFERS AT THIS TIME, BUT WILL CONSIDER CANDIDATES FROM OUT OF STATES TOO AND OPEN TO RELOCATION TO BOSTON.
Working in a highly collaborative, cross-functional Agile environment, this development role is responsible for building and maintaining the mobile Services Layer.
GOOD TO HAVE/PLUSES
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
- 5+ years of direct working experience delivering product in a software development environment
- 2+ years working with Java and creating Rest APIs
- Experience using source code control systems, such as Git, Stash, Subversion, or CVS and build/integration tools like Jenkins.
- Exposure or experience deploying applications to a cloud based environment
- Experience with Java & Tomcat
- Experience with microservices, nosql like MongoDB and RDMS
- Experience with Asynchronous networking and using REST API frameworks
- Work with continuous integration frameworks such as Jenkins, intelliJ or other Java IDE
- Comfortable with complex algorithms, object-oriented programming, enterprise design patterns, and mobile application performance and scalability
- Experience in an Agile software development environment
- Participates in open source projects, and/or blogs about technology concerns.
- Experience with a wide variety of software development applications, environments, and languages
- Experience developing with Mobile Operating Systems (Android, Windows Phone)
- Passion for working in the academic, professional or library markets