NOTE: THIS IS A FULL TIME PERMANENT ROLE. WE'RE NOT ACCEPTING ANY H1B TRANSFERS AT THIS TIME. OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY IF WILLING TO RELOCATE TO BOSTON
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role, you will work in a highly collaborative, cross functional Agile team and take a lead role on various software components.
- Help define logical and physical architecture and document the architecture using UML diagrams.
- Help identify coding patterns and anti-patterns and enforce implementation of the patterns through code reviews.
- Builds a strong team using collaboration skills.
- Promotes improvements in version control, continuous integration, project build, and project automation.
- Takes ownership of tasks when others do not. Helps drive the completion of all kinds of work tasks.
- Helps break down, estimate, and provide just-in-time design for small increments of work.
- Stays abreast of industry trends, technology trends, language trends, process trends.
- Commits to completing well-defined work, and delivers on those commitments.
- Consistently follows software development methodology
- Building Java applications with the Spring framework.
- Building Java bundles that conform to the OSGi specification.
- Prior technical lead experience with small and large teams
- Experience with development of SOA (service oriented architecture)
- Familiarity with wide portfolio of software development applications, environments and languages
- Experience with reflection, inversion of control and dependency injection frameworks.
- Knowledge of web components.
- Strong understanding of HTTP/REST/API architecture
- Creative problem solving skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
- Must be comfortable working in an open, highly collaborative team environment.
- Knowledge of and desire to work in an Agile development environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience