This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to get in on the ground floor and help define the processes of the department. Where we are going is clear, but how we are getting there is up to us and you can help decide. If you are looking to settle into a “care and feeding role” then this is not the job for you.
This role may be for you if you have:
Nice to Have (not required)
- Demonstrable skills using configuration automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or the like
- Strong Scripting skills in one or more of the following: Python, Ruby, Bash, or Powershell.
- Linux system administration skills
- Strong skills in documentation and creating and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures, preferred experience in Confluence
- A deep understanding of Virtualization, capacity planning, performance and recovery
- Strong skills with systems monitoring and alerting as well as website monitoring and alerting
- Ability to switch between being a single contributor driving projects to completion with minimal guidance and being a team player that is willing and able to collaborate, teach, document, and share as needed
- Understanding of networking principles - basic routing, subnetting, Layer 2 vs Layer 3 basics, etc.
- Experience with Active Directory and other Windows Server technologies
- Experience with Ansible
- Strong networking skills
- Experience with Cloud Deployments and physical deployments (AWS, Azure, Rackspace)