Be part of a dynamic winning team and grow your career with opportunities to expand your Systems Engineering expertise supporting our Military.
The Senior Systems Engineer will support the provisioning processes, services and Commercial Cloud Service (C2S) activities that support the Army MI community. Support will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Provide system engineering and technical support to facilitate the Army IC ITE Commercial Cloud Services (C2S) integration efforts.
- Integration of Government off-the-shelf (GOTS), Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) or Free and Open-Source Software (FOSS) to automate existing and new processes
- Configuration Management, version control and patch management of Linux based systems and other GOTS, COTS and FOSS based applications
- Provide testing support to ensure software updates do not negatively impact current production deployed capabilities
- Support the automation of provisioning of IT resources in C2S including network, compute, storage, backup, identity and access management, audit and other required components
- Prepare technical papers, assessments, and implementation plans in response to specific engineering requirements that include processes and procedures that support deployment and maintenance of software and hardware intensive systems
- Professional experience supporting technology delivery to IC, DoD or commercial organizations as a Systems Engineer or Systems Administrator
- 3 to 5 years Linux and/or Windows System administration and engineering experience, specifically RedHat Linux ES 6 or 7, and Windows 2008 and 2012
- Prior experience supporting continuous integration requirements using cloud infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) and platform-as-a-service (PaaS) preferred
- Proven ability to participate in the analysis of IT and business issues
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must
- Well versed in internet architectures, including web, application, and database components such as Apache, memcache, MySQL
- Familiarity with virtualization and cloud platforms, especially AWS and VMware
- Familiarity with continuous deployment methodology and other common DevOps tools including Git, and configuration tools such as Puppet and Ansible
- Medium level scripting skills in languages such as Bash, Python, Ruby, PHP, etc.
- Understanding of firewalls, NAT and packet filtering (specifically IPtables)
- Experience with application load balancing solutions for scaling and High Availablity
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) preferred.
- CompTIA Security+ certification preferred
Required Education and Clearance
- B.S. in information systems related major preferred
MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE. SCI ELIGIBILITY REQUIRED