Senior Perl Software Engineer
Our client is looking for a Senior Perl Software Engineer who will thrive by working with a focused leader in the business-to-consumer space. The ideal candidate will be motivated, thoughtful, and direct in finding the right solutions and building upon existing ones to increase the speed of delivery.
- Work closely with the other development team members, internal users, and project managers to implement new features and functionality to meet business requirements. Develop for the Internet including retail B2C/B2B applications, reports and tools.
- Revise, re-factor, and maintain existing code with an emphasis on improving performance, security, and readability.
- Contribute to the creation of clear and carefully planned specifications that address business requirements, user interfaces, process flow, performance, and scalability.
- Participate as part of an Agile team and contribute to all stages of the development life-cycle including architecture, design, coding, and unit testing.
- Bachelor's degree CS/Engineering or related field.
- Experience developing Perl-based web applications and scripts, running in a Linux/UNIX environment.
- Experience with Apache web server, Perl interoperability, and associated technology (mod_perl).
- Experience with SQL experience (Oracle 10+ preferred) including writing efficient queries, prepared statements, and database optimization.
- Experience working and developing scripts in a Linux/UNIX environment.
- Understanding of object-oriented design concepts, Model-View-Controller (MVC) frameworks, and experience building reusable modules.
- Experience with Mercurial or other version control software including CVS, SVN or Git.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess the ability to manage time, meet sensitive deadlines, and assume ownership of responsibilities
Recommended additional experience includes the following:
- Apache Web Server/mod_perl expertise.
- Experience working as part of an Agile team.
- System administration experience.